Friday, June 26, 2009

Shaq to the Cavaliers!!

I was sitting at the ESPN Zone with my girlfriends, and as usual listening to all the girl talk about Lamar Odom and his great body, Dwight Howard and his arms, and I was thinking more about the announcement that Shaquille O’Neil was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers. I was sitting there with my girls, sipping on my signature Sangria, and thinking "Wait a minute...I think I like Shaq (maybe a little) but is he not the biggest franchise whore in the NBA?" Very promiscuous, very very. Oh, don't get me wrong, I mean professionally, when it comes to staying with a team, ahem. So, the Cavaliers are his new flavor of the month. And we're not supposed to know that this is CLEARLY a ploy to team up with LeBron so they can double team my boy Kobe? We know that trades are a part of the business, teams trading up or trading down but it seems that something is not right here. Do you feel me? Shaquille O’Neil is perhaps one of the most dominant big men of all time and it seems like sending him to the Cavs is like adding a big weave on top of another weave. Doing too much! I've heard experts say that it was more about the Cavs feeling bad about their devastating loss to the Orlando Magic. So they want to have an answer for them come next season. Sorry, I don't buy this. I think Kobe is such a pervasive figure in the NBA that Shaq can't STAND the fact that he won an NBA title with his boys. I think, although I hate to say this, that perhaps even LeBron is on the "must defeat Kobe" bandwagon. NO! Say it ain't so! I love me some Lebron James too. Cute smile, boyish looks trapped in a man’s body. It would be an even more perfect world if Kobe and LeBron could be the gruesome twosome playing together instead of this Shaq and LeBron garbage. Well, judging by the fact that Shaq didn't seem to really help the Suns shine, and basically seemed to slow down their manner of gameplay, maybe this trade won't mean a thing. But then again, it could mean BIG things. Cavs seem to be a better fit for Shaq than the Suns. The Cavs play a slower paced game, something Shaq is good at. Dear lord, does this mean they'll be adding a new puppet to those adorable Kobe/LeBron commercials? Does Nike sign endorsement contracts with practically has been ball players. Nah!!!! Now let me get back to the conversation and all those great bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment