Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pacquiao Power!!


Well, I went to watch the Pacquiao/Cotto fight at a friend of a friend's house. Despote being distracted by how absolutely gorgeous the house was, I had to be the ONLY person there rooting against Manny Pacquiao. Yeah...what was I thinking, right? Odd too, because I'm usually a huge fan of his. But for some reason, I felt more connected to Cotto. I think I just like rooting for the underdog, and I really don't like fighters who are undefeated for too long. Maybe it's the effects of the little bit of Buddhism I've studied..I like balance in life. But anyway, just when I thought that Cotto may have a chance, Manny came out and got his TKO. It was a systmeatic win, not what I'm used to seeing Pacquiao do. But the fight went to 12 rounds, even though it was eventually stopped in the 12th and deemed a TKO. Cotto hurt Pacquiao though, and got some really good hits in. I think if Cotto hadn't had to cut weight in order to garner the fight, he would have knocked Pacquiao out. Coming down in weight class in order to fight sometimes takes some of the power out of a fighter. So maybe Cotto was a little too weak to land punches that really hurt. Well, looks like that fight between Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather might be on and cracking! Gratz Manny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment