Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Is Cheerleading a Sport??


I...wonder about this. I mean it is competitive and athletic, and that is the basic definition of a "sport" activity, isn't it? Well it has always been a super popular and viable option for women who are into athletic activity, movement, and dance, but who may not want to do contact or strenuous physical activity. What's interesting is that cheerleading is always aligned with other traditional male sports like football and basketball. And it can actually be a professional career! Well I found this site that promotes what I call the CHEERLEADER NATION! Yes, they are serious about it. I think that it's a good argument for giving it credence in say...even the Olympics, and giving salaries in at least the 6 figure mark! It has my vote, to me cheerleading is a sport. Anyway, the aforementioned site gives vital information, like info on professional cheerleading tryouts and such. Just click on the link and check it out. GO TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment