Friday, August 28, 2009

Scribbling Serena

I love it! I love how sports stars are getting heavily into the memoir game. I mean, if former rock star drug addicts can write a book chronicling their rise and fall in life, why shouldn't a successful athlete give us the inside scoop on their life success. I just bought former NFL coach Tony Dungy's book called "Uncommon" and I can't wait to read it. But, when I picked that one up, I noticed that Serena also has a "memoir" out now called "On The Line." Wonderful! Well, I know that she is only 27 years old and by that number she shouldn't really have a whole lot to say about her life, but I think she has really lived a very full life thus far! She has experienced some things that the average person who lives to be 70 will never experience in their life time. In fact, she has such a bright spirit, most people have forgotten that her older sister, Yetunde, was murdered in 2003. Despite withstanding the adversity associatied with being a black female athlete suceeding in a traditionally white sport, and experiencing difficulty and pain, Serena's personality definitely seems to live up to the derivative of her name: "serene."And she seems to be holding it down with her man Common, one of the best and hawtest rappers to ever hit the rap game. I imagine the memoir will be a very interesting read!

No comments:

Post a Comment