Thursday, August 13, 2009

U.S. Just Gave it Away

I didn't watch the match, but I hear the soccer match between the U.S. and Mexico was a nail-biter! Turns out, the U.S. had the lead for the first time EVER since they've played in Mexico. BUT they gave that lead away. Perhaps they got a little too over confident. Needless to say, it's a very disappointing loss. I'm also sure that many soccer fans from the U.S. felt a bit torn, since so many Americans have roots or families from or in Mexico. I know that some of my Facebook friends, were riding the fence with who they were rooting for. To me, it's just exciting to have the U.S. be a contender for the world cup! I mean, we'll have to learn how to hold onto leads and not get too ahead of ourselves if we want it, but it's great to be in the running for it! We need to re-group and keep our eyes on the prize. And this loss notwithstanding, we are still number three in the overall standings. Good luck U.S.!

No comments:

Post a Comment