Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Baseball, Baby!


I LOVE going to baseball games. Something about the crowd around, eating sun flower seeds together, talking, cracking jokes, and gorging on hot dogs and beer that is SO exciting to be around. The field is always so crisp looking and clear, no matter how high up your seats are. The players are as laid back as the fans who are watching. Yeah...baseball games are a great place to go and unwind or relax. That's how it's a little different than some contact or fast pace sporting events. Aside from golf and bowling, it has to be one of the most chill world wide popular sports out there. I haven't been to a game in a LONG time, about five years, but I have to admit that all of this talk about "steroid use" is giving me the baseball fever. And that's....kinda twisted if you think about it. I have no desire to watch a game on the telly, I want to go see those 'roided up players in PERSON. See if I can tell if they're "on that stuff." I have to admit, Alex Rodriguez looks good being on that stuff, lol. Well, technically he hasn't been on that stuff since 2003 but I'm sure there are residual effects. Dude is running through women like a stallion on a dude ranch. He has testosterone coming out of his ears, and obviously one other place that I won't explicitly mention. But, the new bad boy of baseball is Manny Ramirez who plays for the Dodgers. Looks like he will be coming back real soon after a 50 game suspension for steriod use. These two cats have stolen Barry Bonds thunder and he wants it back! Teeheehee. My question is, with baseball being wracked with all of this steriod drama, will there even BE a baseball Hall of Fame in the next 10 years? All of the best players in the sport may not even qualify any more. C'mon guys, get off of that stuff and let's play some legitimate ball! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment